At Nile, we know that the individual abilities of internet users, and the communications methods and technologies in use are extremely diverse. We recognise that it is our responsibility to be as inclusive as possible: every visitor to our website is important.
We have designed this site to be as inclusive as we can, to WCAG 2.1 AA standard, following accessibility best practice guidelines. We have included a number of features to maximise the accessibility and usability, including:
- Meaningful text alternatives to any non-text content
- A site map, clearly signposted pages, headings and links to give a variety of options to find content in an individualised way
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) which enable personalisation through your browser settings to adjust font size and colour for improved readability
- Skip Navigation functionality
- Clear indication of focus for keyboard-only users
- “New tab” link behaviour called out where required
We’ve professionally audited the site for WCAG 2.1 AA compliance, and throughout development of the site and its content we’ve used the NVDA screen reader software. We hope that our efforts have ensured that you can access our services through whichever browser or assistive technology you use.
If you do have any problems using the site, or if you have any suggestions or questions, please get in touch and let us know. You can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0131 220 5671.