Content Marketing Manager
Salary:£50,000 - £55,000
Job type:Permanent full time (with flexible working options available)
Direct reports:None initially, with formal coaching relationships added over time
We’re looking for a Content Marketing Manager to join the Nile team.
Nile is a strategic design consultancy that uses design, research, and foresight to help changemakers clear a path to progress.
As our Content Marketing Manager, you will lead the charge on delivering bold, outcome-focused messages that make changemakers sit up and listen. Their problems are complex. Systemic. Entrenched. You will show them that with our support, their mountain isn’t too big to move.
Whilst the primary focus of the role will be Nile, you will have responsibility for our other two brands, Dig Inclusion and Hugr. With help from two part-time experts and a freelance pool, we are looking for a passionate B2B marketeer to head up our inbound and outbound efforts. Working alongside a world-class, award-winning team, your key objective will be to increase leads; both from new business and existing accounts.
What we offer
- A £50-£55k starting salary, based on experience
- 34 days holiday per year. We include bank holidays in that total, and you get to choose how and when to use them.
- Edinburgh-based or hybrid working. The team have lots of different working patterns, and are based all around the UK. We’re happy to talk about what you need in order to do your best work.
- Generous training budget and vibrant coaching and development culture.
- Regular get-togethers, and an annual 2-day team trip away with the company (fully funded)
- Company pension, with a 4% matching employer contribution.
- Private medical insurance, death in service cover, our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) and cycle to work scheme.
- A key to our beautiful Circus Lane HQ – one of the most instagrammed offices in Scotland, packed full of snacks, coffee and essential kit, open and available to you 24/7.
Your objectives in this role
- Lead the execution of marketing activities but lean on the experts across the team. Diverse perspectives will deliver better results.
- Improve lead nurturing results through deeper understanding of our target audiences, fine-tuned positioning, and a multi-channel marketing strategy that puts us in front of future changemakers and gets them to raise their hand.
- Take an analytical approach to building strategies; combine insights from customer listening, business trends, market analysis, and marketing best practices.
- Set up and report on marketing analytics. Extract key insights and deliver recommendations/proposals on go-to-market and campaign strategies.
- Plan all marketing activity, including SEO/SEM, database and content management, outreach, lead nurturing, events, etc., in quarterly cycles.
- Establish budget guidelines.
- Analyse the effectiveness of current account-based marketing initiatives and optimise accordingly.
- Experiment with innovative ways to support account growth and retention, measure their effectiveness, and drive successes forward.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and deliver recommendations/insights for adoption where appropriate.
- Collaborate on creative briefs and guide the creative direction of all external comms, including print, digital, and video assets.
- Deliver on-brand, customer outcome-focused campaigns across a range of channels. Your strategy should speak to prospects and customers at every stage of their lifecycle.
- Support sales with content and messaging recommendations so that there is alignment across functions.
- Build and maintain our social media presence, especially on LinkedIn.
- Present ideas and final deliverables around marketing programs, strategies, and budgets to senior leaders and the Nile board.
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in marketing, business, or a related field.
- Experience of planning, orchestrating, and managing in-person events.
- Filming and video editing skills.
- Proficiency with online marketing and social media strategy.
- Willingness to travel when required.
How to apply
Email your CV and portfolio (if you have one) to Susie Walker, our Head of Talent, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to tell us a little about yourself, why you want to work at Nile, and the type of challenges you’re passionate about. Like a cover letter, but a little less formal.
We promise to get back to you. (P.S. No recruiters, please.)
We encourage applications from talented marketers from a variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, religions, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations and all abilities. Nile cares deeply about building a better business that supports equality and diversity; not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger.
By the way – if you’re interested in this role or in Nile, but have a slightly different skillset or experiences to those listed above, please do still get in touch with Susie and talk it over. You never know, it might lead to something amazing.
Nile is a strategic design consultancy on a mission to leave behind a better world, one changemaker at a time.
Founded in 2006, we’re a multidisciplinary team of designers, researchers, and foresight practitioners. Our HQ is in Edinburgh, but we work remotely all around the UK and are supported by a global network of specialist associates.
Over the years we’ve worked with hundreds of teams to bring clarity and confidence to problems worth solving. Our clients, freelancers, and friends have told us they like us because our work matches the principles we live by: human-centred, inclusive, and focused on making purposeful progress.
Nile became a BCorp in 2021. That means we’re a leader in the global movement for an inclusive, equitable and regenerative economy. We adhere to the highest social and environmental performance standards, and hold ourselves accountable to all stakeholders.
Alongside our corporate consulting work, we also support start-ups, scale-ups, and corporate innovation teams with early design intervention via The CoFoundry.